At Port Hawkesbury Paper, we are the leader in supercalendered paper in North America. Port Hawkesbury Paper’s approach to business and environmental sustainability creates an economic cornerstone and generates innovative careers for eastern Nova Scotia. Our mission is to continually exceed our customers' expectations through a commitment to responsive, personalized service along with reliable and competitive products in the printing and publication paper market. The people behind the paper make the difference.
The Production Planner manages inputs from a variety of areas including customers and sales, warehousing, logistics and technical departments. This role involves extensive phone, computer and e-mail use in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must have the ability to manage multiple tasks and quickly learn products, paper & printing industry-specific terms, order fulfillment, inventory management and transportation systems. Must be able to work independently, patiently and proactively with a wide variety of areas both inside and outside the mill environment to find creative solutions in a time-sensitive way; and must effectively work in a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
The ideal candidate will have proficient math skills coupled with more than 2 years of experience in a related field. Additional consideration will be given to candidates having experience in paper production. Post-secondary education will be considered an asset.
Please contact us if you meet the qualifications above and are proficient in the following competencies:
- Ability to multi-task and prepare a schedule that meets the changing needs of customers, production, and shipping all while limiting the cost impact to the company
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, and creative problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to understand pricing, financial information and currency and unit conversions
- Demonstrate solid computer skills (MS Office and other internal computer programs for order entry, production tracking, production planning and inventory management)
- Initiative to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
Compensation: Port Hawkesbury Paper offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, and a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter to HR@porthawkesburypaper.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Selected candidates will proceed through an assessment and interview process.
PHP is committed to employment equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is represented at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your cover letter or resume.