Make Your Next Move
The Port Hawkesbury Paper site offers ideal development locations for a global business edge.
Why Develop in Port Hawkesbury?
Access to Highly Skilled Workforce: Over half of the population in the Strait Region has some form of post-secondary education — approximately 20% have a college-level diploma or certificates, about 20% have a university degree or higher, and an estimated 15% have an apprenticeship or trade certificate.
Location: Our Port Hawkesbury campus offers a broad range of industrial utilities, services and assets that can be leveraged to support lower-cost development. It is strategically located within 80 km of the Great Circle shipping route and is close to major transportation links.
Most importantly, it offers an ice-free port, year around rail and 100 series highway links
Rail CBSL — CNR
Shipping Time in Days to:
|Halifax Int’l Airport: 238 km/148 miles
||Rotterdam: 6 days
|Regional Airport: 3 km/2 miles
||Mumbai: 16 days
||Singapore: 20 days
||HoChiMin City: 21 days
Our site is rich with assets that can be leveraged to support lower-cost development
- Wharf in ice-free port
- Trans-loading facility with qualified personnel and heavy lift capabilities and year-round rail and highway
transportation hub with truck scales
- Marine vessel to rail or truck; Rail to truck or marine vessel; Truck to rail or marine vessel’ Rail serviced by
G&W to NC; Three (3) hours to NFLD Ferry
Resources & Infrastructure
- 15 Separate brownfield site development opportunities. Significant permitted surplus industrial waste
- Existing electrical grid tie-in and on-site power plant for reduced power costs.
- Access to local sources of aggregate
- Fresh and saltwater availability
- Reclaimable waste heat
- High-pressure steam
- Available parking
- 24/7 Site security
- Secured serviced industrial site & warehouse
- Access to skilled trades/workforce and machine shop.
Business Development Manager