Port Hawkesbury Paper LP is currently seeking an individual for the position of:
- Project Engineer
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Project Engineer’s responsibilities are:
- Project/work scopes, including budget and schedule from initiation to close out
- Coordinate project implementation with all project stakeholders.
- Manage Engineering Consultants, 3rd party contractors, and fabricators
- Analyze, model, design & synthesis – problem-solving
- Measure and report project outcomes
- Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical Preferred
- Experience in Project Management
- Professional Engineer or eligible for licensing in Nova Scotia.
- 3 to 5 Years Project Engineering experience
- Proficient with project estimating, scheduling and project controls.
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines and frequent changes in priorities.
- Highly motivated, confident in decision-making ability and self-driven.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage through teamwork and influence.
- Commitment to a safe work culture.
Port Hawkesbury Paper offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, and a challenging, rewarding work environment.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and a cover letter, to: HR@porthawkesburypaper.com or Human Resources, 120 Pulp Mill Road, P.O Box 9500, Port Hawkesbury, NS B9A 1A1
All applications must be received no later than January 22, 2019.
Note: We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. For more information about Port Hawkesbury Paper LP, please visit www.porthawkesburypaper.com.
Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
Port Hawkesbury Paper has a job opportunity for a motivated and skilled individual to join our Maintenance team.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this position will be responsible for the preventative maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of production equipment and plant systems.
Candidates must be capable of performing in a highly technical and flexible work environment. The ideal candidate for this position is a team player who possesses outstanding organizational and communication skills and has strong problem-solving abilities. Experience welding, machining, and proficiency in hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting would be considered an asset.
- Millwright Certificate of Trade (Mechanical Technologist will also be considered)
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience in maintenance is preferred
- Red Seal will be considered an asset
Pay rate: Per Collective Agreement.
Port Hawkesbury Paper offers a comprehensive compensation and health benefits package, and a challenging, rewarding work environment.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and a cover letter, to: HR@porthawkesburypaper.com
All applications must be received no later than January 16, 2019.
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader, the Mechanical Maintenance Engineer is responsible for/to:
- Providing technical support to the maintenance department
- Recognize and implement improvements to equipment that will improve efficiency, reliability, and maintainability
- Identify the root cause of problems and develop and implement solutions
- Mechanical engineering support on major maintenance and capital projects
- Long-range mechanical maintenance planning and management
- Interface with consulting engineers, vendors and contractors
- Bachelor of Engineering – Mechanical
- Licensed Professional Engineer or eligible to be licensed by Engineers Nova Scotia
- 3 to 5 Years Mechanical Engineering Experience
- Previous maintenance experience considered an asset
- Commitment to a safe work culture
- Knowledge of Non-Destructive Testing and Condition Monitoring Techniques
- Aptitude to develop detailed mechanical and process knowledge to aid in problem-solving
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines and frequent changes in priorities
- Highly motivated, confident in decision-making ability and self-driven
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage through teamwork and influence
Compensation: Port Hawkesbury Paper offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, and a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter to HR@porthawkesburypaper.com.
All applications must be received on or before January 22, 2019.