At Port Hawkesbury Paper, we are the leader in supercalendered paper in North America. Port Hawkesbury Paper’s approach to business and environmental sustainability creates an economic cornerstone for eastern Nova Scotia. Our mission is to continually exceed our customers' expectations through a commitment to responsive, personalized service along with reliable and competitive products in the printing and publication paper market. The people behind the paper make the difference.
Port Hawkesbury Paper has an employment opportunity for a motivated and skilled individual to join our Maintenance team.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this position will be responsible for the preventative maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of production equipment and plant systems.
The successful candidate must be a team player who possesses outstanding organizational and communication skills and has strong problem-solving abilities in dealing with both electrical and mechanical equipment. Must be capable of performing in a highly technical and flexible work environment. The ideal candidate for this position has knowledge and experience in troubleshooting complex hydraulic and pneumatic systems and experience using DCS/PLC systems.
- Electrical Engineering Technology (Instrumentation and Controls) background with strong skills in Hydraulics and/or Red Seal Instrumentation with strong skills in Hydraulics
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in an industrial manufacturing environment is recommended
- A continuous focus on safety
- Experience in troubleshooting and maintenance in an industrial environment
- Experience in making changes in DCS & PLC, changing out & overhauling control valves, installation/change-out of positioners and actuators on valves.
- Competent in changing and calibrating transmitters, changing hydraulic valves and setting up hydraulic pumps.
- Experience in reading and understanding P&ID’s, pneumatics, hydraulics, and electrical schematics.
- Willing to work overtime and call-ins as needed
Compensation: Pay rate per Collective Agreement.
Port Hawkesbury Paper offers a comprehensive compensation and health benefits package, and a challenging, rewarding work environment.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and a cover letter, to: HR@porthawkesburypaper.com or Human Resources, 120 Pulp Mill Road, P.O Box 9500, Port Hawkesbury, NS B9A 1A1
All applications must be received no later than April 5, 2019.
Note: We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Selected candidates will proceed through an assessment and interview process.
PHP is committed to employment equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is represented at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your cover letter or resume.