EXCITING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY WITH PORT HAWKESBURY PAPER
At Port Hawkesbury Paper, our mission is to continually exceed our customers’ expectations through a commitment to responsive, personalized service along with reliable and competitive products in the printing and publication paper market. The people behind our paper make the difference.
Port Hawkesbury Paper LP is currently seeking an individual for the position of:
Woodlands Operation Supervisor (Mainland)
Working within the framework of the Sustainable Forest Management Long Term Plan, and with support from the Operations Team, The Operations Supervisor is responsible for the planning and supervision of woodlands contractor operations including harvesting, road construction and silviculture to meet production targets. This position works out of New Glasgow.
Reporting to the Woodlands Mainland Operations Leader, the Operation Supervisor responsibilities are:
• Timber cruising, road planning, and supervision of activities to achieve the directed wood supply and business opportunities.
• Maintain compliance with regulatory requirements, company policies and forest certification requirements.
• Bachelor of Science in Forestry; Forest Engineering, or a diploma from a Forestry Technical/Technological program
• Three years (minimum) of experience in a similar role will be considered an asset
• Familiar with harvesting and road construction practices, watercourse alteration, and forest ecosystem classification
• Extensive organizational and time management skills
• Effective planning, organizational, multi-tasking and problem solving skills
• Highly motivated, confident in decision making ability and self-driven
• Strong people management skills
• Ability to work alone and navigate through the forest with accuracy
• Working knowledge of MS Office Software, GIS and GPS applications
• Commitment to a safe work culture
Port Hawkesbury Paper offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, and a challenging, rewarding work environment.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and a cover letter to: HR@porthawkesburypaper.com or Human Resources, 120 Pulp Mill Road, P.O Box 9500, Port Hawkesbury, NS B9A 1A1.
All applications must be received no later than March 30, 2018.
Note: We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Selected candidates will proceed through an assessment and interview process.
PHP is committed to employment equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is represented at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your cover letter or resume.